Volunteer Coordinator - Early Childhood
The Volunteer Coordinator - Early Childhood (EC) is responsible for ministering to all volunteers in the Early Childhood ministry by providing them with a welcoming environment that allows each volunteer to grow in their role. This role specifically focuses on the development of volunteers in an effort to champion them to use their gifts/talents to serve the church. In addition, this role has a direct impact on the experience children and families have when they are present in our Early Childhood classes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Planning and executing volunteer appreciation for the Early Childhood Ministry
- Scheduling volunteers for the regularly scheduled Early Childhood Ministry gatherings and groups
- Providing volunteer support - prayer, coordination of needs, etc.
- Actively engaging in discipleship with staff, parents, and/or volunteers within the Early Childhood Ministry
- Supervising Early Childhood classrooms as required by the Early Childhood Ministry team (to include: Preschool Weekends, Kids Club, and Staff Care)
- Attend classes, workshops, conferences, courses and other training opportunities for personal or professional growth outlined and approved by the Director to include the required annual training hours per licensing
- Attend all staff meetings â€“ scheduled or called
- Volunteer/serve as needed for both Easter and Christmas Team CBC weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- People person, energetic, highly motivated, patient
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, good communication skills, and exhibits a positive attitude
- Ability to work well with teams
- Have a passion for serving and loving children
- Professing Christian, striving to live a Christian lifestyle, maintaining daily disciplines of Bible reading and prayer
- Knowledge of all CBC safety standards and procedures of the church and those specific to childrenâ€™s ministry
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Weekend services are a required part of this jobâ€™s scheduled hours as well as some evenings. Flexible weekday hours available.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to do the following:
- Must have good or corrected vision as well as effective peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must have good manual dexterity and be able to use repetitive motion of the hands and arms
- Must be able to frequently and effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
- Must be able to frequently lift children up to 75 pounds
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) + years related work or volunteer experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & First Aid required
Duties are performed in a ministry setting with occasional outside events/activities that require prolong standing. The environment may be fast-paced and hectic at times. Therefore, it is essential that the employee can effectively handle the normal anxieties associated with the job and manage multiple activities in a ministry setting.
- Must exemplify CBC core values of Honor, Hospitality, Hustle, High Capacity and Humility
- CBC Member, genuine desire to serve God and the Church
- Must live life beyond reproach 1 Timothy 3
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.