Indigenous Pre-employment Skills Program - September 2023
*Please note this session is currently accepting wait list applications only. If spots become available, we will notify you. We will also notify applicants of future training dates as available.
LandSea Camp Services is pleased to offer the Indigenous Pre-Employment Skills Program
This program is open to Indigenous persons to participate in a hands-on hospitality work skills program in a live "remote camp" setting. Participants stay at camp for the entire 5-day program. Meals, accommodation and training are provided at no cost.
Located at our Sqemel Lalem camp in Hope, BC, this 5-day program will introduce participants to various roles in hospitality in a camp setting with a strong focus on safe work procedures.
Eligibility Criteria: Open to Indigenous persons only ages 19 and over.
- All participants must be willing and able to pass mandatory Drug and Alcohol testing which is a pre-requirement to participate in this program. Testing is scheduled a minimum of one month prior to program start date.
- Online Training (approximately 3 hours) - ISNET is Transmountain Expansion Project site specific training required for anyone who is temporarily on site at one of our camps. WHMIS is Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System training and is a requirement for persons participating in training on site.
- Participants are required to have obtained FoodSafe Level 1 certification prior to commencment of program
- Must be able to provide you own transportation to the camp in Hope, BC.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Health and Safety, Camp Roles, Responsibilities and Environment
- Hands on experience in foodservice and housekeeping positions
Desired outcomes - at the end of the program, you may be immediately eligible for employment for Hospitality roles at a remote work camp.
Application Process: Submit your resume with your detailed contact information and cover letter explaining why you are interested in participating in the program. Only individuals who meet the minimum eligibility criteria will be considered for this program.
Maximum 6 participants only*
*wait list will be available for future training dates
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.