We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
Do you want experience working towards your designation? If so, GSL Group is currently looking for a permanent full-time Accounting Assistant to assist our team in our Prospera Place facility in Kelowna, BC! Prospera Place, is one of GSL Group's businesses and home of the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL. This is the first state-of-the-art entertainment facility to be built outside of a major city in North America, and is the main focal point for sports, concerts, culture, business and community activity within the Okanagan. It also includes Manhattan Point Restaurant, and has the location and amenities to provide a complete entertainment experience for any event!
This role will reporting to the Controller, and will be responsible for various accounting functions which include coordinating and preparing financial reporting for the organization.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
A Day in the Life:
- A/P - able to post timely and accurate payments to vendors and process cheques for multiple entities
- A/R – issuing invoices, posting transactions, and applying payments
- Reconcile credit cards and prepare summaries
- Assisting with cash flow and year-end auditing
- Prepares bank deposits and ensures that bank deposits occur in a timely manner.
- Preparing and maintaining various reports including but not limited to financial statements, credit card transaction reports, excel summary reports, etc.
- Assists with monthly cheque signing summaries
- Assists with the reconciliation of the bank and general ledger monthly
- Other tasks and duties as needed
You Own This if You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or working towards an accounting designation is an asset
- Proficient command with database software and Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Dynamics and Jet Reports are preferred but not required
Ideally you will have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to exercise good accounting judgment and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Ability to contribute positively to the team environment
- Strong people skills, with the proven ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
Benefits, Perks & Other Cool Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position