This position focuses on the preparation and cooking of food with a limited menu for the dining patron(s) at the Maple Meadow's clubhouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food order and ensure guest satisfaction while maintaining state and local food safety and sanitation procedures
- Perform food preparation to ensure the proper quantity is on hand to prepare daily meals and sandwiches
- Work in conjunction with the Event Attendant(s) in coordinating food service for events
- Ensure conformance with state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the sale, preparation, cooking, and storage of food.
- Execute all meal functions in a timely manner
- Perform kitchen operations ensuring proper use and cleaning of equipment. Keep kitchen areas clean and sanitized by sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and sanitizing of counter-tops and emptying trash
- Load and unload dishwashing machine, place dishes, glassware, silverware, pots/pans in pre-designated spaces according to sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Ensure the food equipment is kept clean and in good working order. Report repairs to supervisor
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: April 1 - October 16; 25-30 hours per week during the golf season. The actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Related Experience: Six (6) months experience as a cook in a food service environment.
Special training or other licenses, certification,etc.: Ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; and keeping neat and accurate records.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.