Hydrofarm/Aurora Innovations,Inc is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market. Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
Hydrofarms/Aurora Innovations, Inc is looking for a motivated and great multitasker with leadership qualities to take on the Logistics Manager position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the shipping and receiving department, sourcing transportation, negotiating carrier rates, developing shipment solutions for clients and general daily administrative tasks.
· Delegate tasks to efficiently run and maintain the shipping and receiving department
· Logistical planning and coordination of supply chain and outgoing sales with leadership/management
· Getting quotes and negotiating rates with carriers
· Scheduling of shipments both full truck and LTL
· Coordinating pickups for carriers
· Diverting shipments if necessary
· Approving freight invoices
· Checking in drivers as they arrive to load
· Create bills of lading
· Creating border documents
· Answering & directing phone calls
· Interoffice Data Entry
· Corresponding between trucking companies & customers
· Order Allocations
· 4+ years Logistics Manager experience.
· Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
· Demonstrates the ability to lead and manage staff.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Excellent ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
· ERP experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Our team includes employees who are high energy, creative and passionate about what they do. Our company culture promotes and supports work/life balance, innovation, diversity, excellence in communication and commitment to personal/professional growth.
The successful applicant has experience in the industry, is solution driven, organized, highly detail orientated and possesses excellent customer service attributes.
We Take Care of our Team:
We offer a very competitive compensation and a suite of Employee Benefits :
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid Time Off, 401k with Employer matching funds
More information? Check us out - https://investors.hydrofarm.com/ If you are aligned with our mission and beliefs, let's connect.
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position