Junior Developers at Coconut are independent, resourceful, and enjoy working as part of a team to learn and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the company’s software. In this role, you will work on a platform that facilitates connections between businesses and their customers, through a combination of appointments, lobby queuing, and third party integrations. Additionally, you will actively take part in various discussions surrounding design, code reviews, and best practices.
This is a hands-on role that allows you to grow, learn and develop your skills while making a real contribution.
We’re in a position to experience some pretty phenomenal growth in the coming months and are looking for passionate Junior Developers to help scale the growth of our team. We’re pretty passionate about what we do we’re looking for people as passionate about their work as we are! We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Work hands on with a talented team of developers
- Refine your knowledge of web based applications
- Resolve technical challenges related to calendaring
- Work with a degree of autonomy and deliver incredible solutions with minimal guidance
- Adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and new priorities
- Define, design, and implement object-oriented distributed software applications
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job
- Collaborate, Collaborate, Collaborate!
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on design projects
- Actively share and receive feedback with your team
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience writing / working with REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, JSON-API, etc)
- Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably (but not restricted to) PHP
- Experience in server-side software development (Laravel)
- Experience working with command line interfaces
- Understand the concepts behind/practice with TDD
- Interest in docker, kubernetes, and other container technologies
- Interest in utilizing best practices when building integrations to third party systems
- Interest in developing a security first mentality
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience
- Critical thinker with keen problem-solving skills and great attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and sitting idle or stagnant drives you nuts. You’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized (More than 22% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.