The Compressor Mechanic is responsible for performing skilled tasks including all levels of field maintenance, troubleshooting, direct repairs, overhauls and scheduled preventative maintenance on company owned compressors/generators This role reports to the Compression Lead.
· Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of natural gas compressors/generators
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor/generator system shutdowns and failures
- Order and stock maintenance and repair parts as needed
- Ensure equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines/standards
- Optimize compression performance based on varying field conditions
- Inspect lease sites, ensure they are clean and maintained; check for spills and fluid leaks
- Complete necessary paperwork/data entry
- Understand and comply with all company safety practices, policies and procedures
- Ensure active and open communication with field operations
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to be part of an on-call schedule for after hour call outs
- Proficient in engine and compressor maintenance and strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of surface production equipment and applications
- Must have proven mechanical aptitude
- Must be responsible, diligent, and able to self-motivate and work independently under little supervision
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
This position involves outdoor work and may be subject to extreme weather conditions, the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, the ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, and use fingers to handle or feel, climb ladders and stairways, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position