At Addiction Campuses, we believe in empowering individuals to restore a balanced life worth living through programs uniquely tailored to their needs. With safe, scenic campus environments located across the country, our comprehensive network treats substance addiction and mental health disorders medically, mentally and spiritually. Our customized programs support individuals with the coping skills, tools, leverage, support and accountability necessary in order to make lasting life changes.
In order to make this possible, we need exceptional people on our team. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
That’s why we are looking for a Counselor who can meet the requirements below. .
- Conduct groups according to client weekly group schedule and meticulously document accordingly
- Complete and maintain accurate records and reports regarding the client's histories and progress, services provided, and other required information
- Interface with families, treatment team members and case management as needed
- Provide extra support to clients by working alongside primary therapists and assisting where needed
- Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Company’s policies, by demonstrating the Company’s competencies, and being a role model for the Company “HEARTBEAT” Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred
- Active and current LCDC or LCDCI certification/licensure required as a helping professional relevant to addiction treatment
- FirstAid/CPR certificate required
- Must possess an understanding of the nature of addiction recovery and clinical intervention which leads to greatest outcomes and creates conditions for highest probability of sustained recovery
- Minimum of 2 years experience in drug and alcohol treatment preferred
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of EMR system preferred
- FirstAid/CPR certification required at time of hire or within one week of hire date
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, and smell continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach frequently. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine. Distance vision required to drive an automobile, if driving is a requirement of the job.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Addiction Campuses is an equal opportunity employer
Addiction Campuses participates in E-Verify
Addiction Campuses is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled