Assembles HVAC products using hand tools and brazing equipment by following pre-determined work instructions. Most of the assembly work is repetitive and requires compliance to build-time and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assemble HVAC products using hand tools and other equipment as provided.
- Braze refrigeration components together as needed to produce the refrigeration circuit. Follow best-practices for brazing.
- Perform basic electrical wiring by connecting components according to Standard Work Instructions (SWI) and engineering drawings.
- Perform regular work-in-process quality inspections throughout the assembly cycle ensuring compliance with SOPâ€™s and product engineering requirements.
- Read and follow Standard Work Instructions and insure work is performed accordingly.
- Inspect and or test incoming materials, work in progress components and final units to ensure product meets requirements.
- Record and or maintain product testing results, component or unit serial numbers or other information as requested.
- Perform repairs and or rework of work in process or returned assemblies.
- Assist in in-process and final product testing including any adjustments required during the testing and data collection process.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Assist other associateâ€™s and or departments as requested to meet business requirements.
- Learn and practice the companyâ€™s Foundations.
- All employees are expected to contribute to improving their operations and our company.
- Cross-train with other HVAC Assemblers and Manufacturing Associates.
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency using hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand SWI, manufacturing schematics and follow standard manufacturing operating protocols.
- Ability to learn and perform electrical assembly work.
- Ability to braze refrigeration components using best-practices.
- Must demonstrate acceptable attendance, cooperation and willingness to receive training
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to work overtime as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic computer proficiency required.
- Formal HVAC trade school or equivalent training preferred.
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing principles desired.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-year direct hands on experience in electrical or mechanical assembly required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using small hand tools such as: drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. is required.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing schematics desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY ON A REGULAR BASIS:
- Upper extremity and manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a variety hand tools and picking up and assembly of small parts.
- Speech and hearing sufficient to safely work in a manufacturing setting; receive and understand verbal directions, respond to auditory cues.
- High level of visual acuity to perform material and equipment quality inspections and to read technical information and test equipment.
- Ability to independently lift assembled components or parts up to a maximum of 20 Lbs on a frequent basis, on a limited basis may be required to independently lift up to 60 pounds, frequently lift materials or parts weighing 5 Lbs or less. Mechanical and other staff assistance with the limited lifting of larger/heavier parts is available.
- Full range of motion sufficient for walking around a unit placed on a lift table in the assembly process. May need to walk, bend, kneel reach under or above a work station push or pull materials a limited distance.
- Ability to twist at the waist to move units to and from skid to a lift table.
- May be required to climb onto or off ladder or step stool to reach materials or work on large scale units.
- Ability to stand at a work area for the work day. May use a stool for some work.
Work is in a manufacturing setting with exposure to significant temperature variability, heat, noise, chemical odors, rotating and stationary equipment. Personal protective must be worn for certain operations and in certain locations including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, appropriate foot wear.
Air Innovations is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status
Air Innovations Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled