Banquet Bartender - Kent Island Resort
The culture at Kent Island Resort is built on our shared core VIVÃ‚MEE Values â€“ JOY, HUMILITY, & MINISTRY. JOY means that we are a true team that enjoys serving others and winning together. We have a healthy sense of pride in a job well done. HUMILITY means that we recognize the infinite dignity of each other (both team members & guests) and that we seek to be helpful to everyone no matter what is asked. Additionally, we are not afraid to ask for help or admit when we make a mistake. MINISTRY means that we know that our spirit of hospitality can be a true gift for our guests. We realize the purpose of our daily tasks and duties must be to deliver kindness and love, and that this power of intentionality has the capacity to revive the souls of our guests and our team. We hire, fire, reward, and praise our team members based on these characteristics, so it is essential that you share these core values in order to be a part of our wonderful team.
Come join a fun team with an amazing culture while working in a beautiful environment! Kent Island Resort is a recognized Maryland Historical site and the third oldest English settlement in the United States. The property currently consists of our hotel, a restaurant, kayaking, and several large wedding venues. Today, the Kent Island Resort has recently been acquired by VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality, with plans to offer a complete revitalization to this beautiful 220-acre property.
Perks for being a team member:
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for Full-time team members
- 401k for Full-time team members
- Discounted merchandise and dining
- Discounts on hotel stays at all VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality resorts
- Exciting work culture
The role of a Banquet Bartender is to provide friendly, prompt, and courteous service to our guests attending events while also placing emphasis on responsible alcohol service.
- Promote and portray the VIVAMEE Values.
- Know, understand, and adhere to company established policies and procedures.
- To take a tour of the winery to help educate yourself on the history, wine production, and farming process to prepare you for any questions our customers ask.
- To check and confirm schedule at least two weeks in advance.
- To know where and what time your shift begins before the day of the event.
- Arrive in proper uniform for set-up.
- Make sure uniform is clean, pressed, and neat to present an attractive appearance.
- Review paperwork distributed by event manager to know the number of guests expected and any special requests.
- Retrieve bank from event supervisor and verify the amount before accepting (bartender is responsible for shortages).
- Gather and clean all materials i.e. bar glassware, garnish container, mixer/ juice containers needed for the event.
- Stock inventory based on number of guests and beverage arrangement.
- Transport alcohol to and from bar and storage areas.
- Sign transfer records when taking alcohol from and returning to the storage area and have manager of storage area confirm with signature to ensure alcohol accountability.
- Monitor alcoholic consumption of guests for safety and liability purposes.
- Use appropriate beverage portions (measured).
- When cash bar is in effect charge the guest accordingly, accept payments, and complete transactions.
- When hosted bar tally all consumption.
- Dispose bottles at the end of the night in dumpster.
- At the conclusion of the event sweep, mop, empty trash bag, restock trash bag, wipe all surfaces, and stock for next event.
- Do not leave until event supervisor has checked bar area.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bartending experience required
â€œThis is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).â€
Kent Island Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, Kent may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position