The Beach and Pool Attendant is responsible for attending to guests needs at the beach and pool areas; including but not limited to, greeting guests, assisting with chairs, umbrellas and towels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance, and deliver consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations.
- Issue beach chairs and umbrellas to guests.
- Maintain cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stocking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, and umbrellas.
- Ensure that the beach storage unit is properly maintained.
- Monitor inventory of beach supplies daily.
- Report equipment and supply deficiencies.
- Fold fresh towels.
- Secure chairs.
- Secure umbrellas.
- Promote positive guest relations for all guests by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates outdoors in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position is required employee to work outside in all inclement conditions. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.