PT Front Desk Assistant
Reports to: Office Specialist
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service at all ArtsQuest facilities, welcoming customers either face to face, by phone or electronically with regard to all programs and events presented by ArtsQuest, along with the functions and information associated with the Banana Factory, Visitor Center and ArtsQuest Center.
- Welcome all visitors to our facilities providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Provide information about ArtsQuest, its programs, and our buildings.
- Answer multi-line phones, forwarding calls and taking messages when necessary.
- Use of computer to send and receive information, assist patrons, and answer questions, as well as to process ticket orders, and assist with administrative responsibilities
- Assist with class registration process which includes entering orders, discounts, and refunds, as well as printing class rosters, daily schedules, etc.
- Box Office responsibilities including processing ticket orders.
- Receive deliveries for all building tenants and coordinate pick-up.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Understand the opening and closing procedures of the building including security system, burglar alarm, fire alarm, and sprinkler system.
- Understand how to schedule rooms, technology needs, locations, and set-ups; coordinate room reservations for internal staff and refer to the appropriate department for external patrons requests.
- Post daily/weekly schedules at appropriate conference room locations & update daily.
- Maintain supplies and organization for front desk area.
- Keep brochure racks filled with updated materials; monitor bulletin boards.
- Monitor facility key uses and signs in the sheet.
- Process payments for art sales, tickets and gift cards.
- Maintain cash drawer for change/cash transactions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A passion for the arts preferable
- Previous customer service experience is helpful
- Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to customers.
- Flexible, “think on your feet” attitude.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to ArtsQuest programs preferred.
- Computer/web competency including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Patron’s Edge helpful
- Ability to learn computer programs, including ticketing, scheduling, and database software.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in the fast-paced environment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, talk, hear, see and lift up to 20 pounds occasionally with or without assistance.
- Ability to work during the varying hours of operation of our facilities which range from 8 AM to 11 PM daily, 7 days per week required; hours may vary based on events and activities where we need to open earlier or close later than normally scheduled hours in order to support the business.
- Normal working environment is indoors, however, the ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions during festivals and events is required.
- Reliable transportation to travel between facilities as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation, and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
FLSA Status: Part-Time Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled