Heavy Equipment/Agricultural Mechanic
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market.
Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
Aurora Peat Products produces professional grade Canadian Sphagnum peat moss products that enhance crop productivity and overall growing media quality for a wide range of industries and uses such as: Soil mixes for the horticulture market, soil conditioners, mushroom casing material, general vegetable gardening and reforestation seedlings. We are members of the Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss Association and work together in our efforts in leading and promoting sustainability within our environment and industry.
· Diagnose and inspect agricultural equipment including tractors, loaders and peat harvesting equipment
· Repair and adjust equipment
· Replace defective parts
· Perform scheduled inspections and maintenance
· Complete and submit work orders
· Maintain, order parts and provide feedback to operators
· Rebuild and change major components
· Operate for testing purposes
· Role is based in Edmonton with travel North & West to remote bog locations
· Transport for travel will be provided
· Other duties as assigned
· Journeyman heavy duty mechanic;
· Outstanding work ethic with exceptional attendance
· Willingness to take initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Team player
Aurora Peat Products ULC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national
origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and
medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender,
gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic
information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran
status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position