Job Description: Host
Must be friendly, outgoing and must possess good communication skills. Is organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively. Maintains self-composure. Has the ability to see the big picture, realizing the impact that a well or poorly run door has on the entire operation. Must take pride in personal appearance and have a strong sense of integrity and honesty.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to stand and exert fast paced mobility through the dining room for periods of up to 8 or more hours in length.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guest and other employees.
- Must have the ability to carry silverware, dishes and etc. up to 35lbs.
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand the primary language of the work location.
- Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Communicates effectively with guests.
- Must be enthusiastic and make guests feel appreciated through his/her actions.
- Selects appropriate table using the rotation system and taking into account special requests from guests.
- Escorts guests to their tables, providing the guest with menus and silverware and wishes them a pleasant dining experience while pointing out point of sale as advertised on each table and informing the guest of their server’s name.
- Reads the dining room for potential problems areas and attends to needs of the guests in a manner fitting the situation.
- Manages a wait when necessary.
- Works as a team with all personnel.
- Consistently performs 20-minute restroom checks and customer counts including open menu counts for the kitchen.
- Treats all applicants as guests in the restaurant and informs a manager of their presence.
- Maintains proper telephone etiquette and effectively attends to the needs of the callers if authorized and informs management of large party accommodations.
- Manages special seating requests of guests consistent with table availability.
- Assists with the duties of servers and server assistant's as needed to maintain service effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by a manager.
Guest Knowledge, Floor plan, Side work duties, Specials, Host standards, Applicant procedures, Front door standards, Menu knowledge, Door functions, Phone procedures, Seating rotation, Host Station standards.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Santa Fe Cattle Company (MRG, LLC) is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled