Public Area Attendant (ref 9042)
If you 're looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you!
We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel, and are offering temporary shared accommodation. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO! This position currently pays $17.00-$17.50 per hour, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
This is a full time opportunity. Weekend availability is preferred.
What we offer:
- Staff Accommodation
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Hilton brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
- Maintaining the overall look and appearance of the public areas of the hotel; clean hallways, lobbies, lounge, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, meeting rooms, laundry room, pool area, offices and other work areas
- Vacuum rugs, furniture and/or draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or steamers
- Empty and transport trash and recyclables to disposal areas
- Dust and polish furniture in main areas
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
- Wash windows, walls, ceiling and woodwork as necessary
- Maintain parking lots (sweep, rake leaves, remove garbage, empty ashtray)
- Remove any garbage, recyclables and empty beverage containers from laundry room
- Respond to guest requests or from other departments as required
- Identify and report preventative and other maintenance issues in public areas
- Other duties as required.
- Previous housekeeping or maintenance experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and handle repetitive movements, such as: pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position