and ACE Casinos were recently acquired by a new ownership group and is
undertaking a transformation and modernization of its casino businesses located
in Calgary and Red Deer. We are an Alberta-based, family-owned business looking
to grow our casino’s team. Our current locations include Cash Casino Calgary,
Cash Casino Red Deer and ACE Casino Calgary.
We are currently constructing a brand new 72,000 sq ft casino at the
Calgary International Airport that is expected to open in October 2022!
The line cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff, and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues.
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte menus according to restaurant recipes and standards.
- Actively share ideas, opinions, and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all coolers to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Ensure storeroom requisitions/orders are accurate.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features, and promotions.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist Food & Beverage management team with stock-take as requested.
- Assist in transporting of food, beverage, and other items to and from the kitchen.
- Assist kitchen team in replenishing food items, crockery, cutlery, etc., on special functions/busy periods.
- Attend Department meetings as requested.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, always remaining calm and courteous.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
This role requires a clear
criminal record check and proof of COVID vaccination.
Competitive compensation will be
based on experience and education.
Compensation includes individual and family health, life insurance, dental
benefits, and RRSP matching.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please
send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please
include in the subject line “Line cook”.
To learn more, please visit our Cash Casino
website at https://www.cashcasino.ca/ and Ace
Casino website at https://acecasinos.ca/