Social Media Specialist
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Social Media Specialist. This position engages audiences by developing, publishing, monitoring, and managing content promoting The National WWII Museum and its mission on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this position collaborates with all Museum departments to curate compelling social media content that drives Museum visitation; connects audiences with the stories of the WWII generation; and highlights the institution’s exhibits, collection, original historical content, educational resources, events, programs, and initiatives.
- Maintain and grow the Museum’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media properties by working with the Marketing and Communication team and colleagues across the Museum to develop and execute an effective social media strategy.
- Develop and manage social media content calendars that promote audience engagement and advance the Museum as both the #1 attraction in New Orleans and the go-to source for trusted knowledge on the American experience in World War II.
- Research, write, and fact-check social media content; collaborate with other Museum content creators; assist in the creation of social graphics; take photos / video at Museum events and edit for social media; work with graphic designers, photographers, and videographers to create assets for social media.
- Oversee the Museum’s social media community, monitoring and responding to audience comments and questions.
- Ensure that social media content is accurate and reflective of the Museum’s brand; use good judgment and secure proper review and approvals of social posts / responses.
- Collaborate with Museum departments managing subsidiary social media accounts for specific audiences / programs; help develop guidelines and best practices for all affiliated Museum social media accounts.
- Assist with social media influencer marketing efforts.
- Assist the Communications team, as needed, with writing and editing institutional, web, email, and ad copy for a full range of communication channels.
- Experience managing social media accounts for an organization strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, multimedia, marketing, or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and trends.
- Experience using social media scheduling, monitoring, and engagement tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with basic graphic design tools such as Canva photo editing, and video shooting and editing strongly desired.
- Ability to quickly learn institution’s preferred writing / editing style.
- Proactive work style with ability to develop and manage social media editorial schedules, consistently meet deadlines, and adapt to quickly changing environments.
- Good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with multiple constituencies.
- As needed, a willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.