Sales Manager (VictoriaNow)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Our partner and one of Victoria’s sources for news and events, VictoriaNow.com is seeking an experienced and passionate Sales Manager who can help continue to grow the VictoriaNow brand and lead a team of driven sales representatives.
The ideal candidate not only has deep knowledge and experience with the entire sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and deal closing, but is also a quick learner with strong negotiating skills. The role demands a strong leader with a successful track record of inspiring the same performance in others and the ability to coach, advise and motivate sales representatives to build and maintain a high-performance team.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
Day in the Life:
- Represent the company effectively with comprehensive knowledge of our offerings
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them
- Both lead and build a team while selling – you will be responsible for recruiting, training, motivating, and advising a team of sales representatives
- Ensure that company quotas are met by holding daily check-ins with sales team to set objectives and monitor progress
- Ensure sales team is using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives; monitor their performance
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop plans for filling them
- Achieve company objectives by planning thoroughly, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and making forecasts
- Create and execute a strategic sales & business plan that expands our customer base and extends the company's global reach
- Generate leads and establish and nurture client relationships
- Meet with potential clients and grow long-lasting relationships that address their needs
- Manage the month-end and year-end close processes
You Own This if You Have:
- Motivational speaking experience
- Proven success rate at levels above sales quota
- Five or more years of experience in managing sales in a corporate setting
- Digital or Media sales & advertising experience
- Proven record of success with the entire sales process, from planning to closing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Superb leadership ability
- Ability to travel as required
Perks, Benefits, and Other Cool Stuff:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
VictoriaNow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position