Telecommunications Installation and Repair Technician
Frontier Technologies is
currently seeking applications for Telecommunications Installation and Repair Technician to join our team in HRM, Nova Scotia.
Do you have experience with home electronics? Are you familiar with setting up routers, Wifi and programming remotes? Do you have a background in customer service that you're proud to talk about?
As a member of our field team you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and technical expertise through the installation telephone, internet and cable services (including the related products) in customer locations. Additionally, you may be tasked with troubleshooting faults from the pole to the customer premises which may impair the operations of the services in which we install. You will also naturally be committed to safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work practices.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Installation of interior/exterior outlets and lines as well as installation of telephone, internet and cable services/equipment at the customer location while providing exceptional customer service.
- Working at heights with ladders (30+ feet).
- Kneeling, crouching, bending and overhead work to get assigned tasks completed.
- Heavy lifting (60+ pounds).
- Use of specialized tools.
- Maintaining stock reequipments in vehicles for successful completion of all types of jobs.
- Completion of daily safety checks and assessments.
- Maintaining assigned vehicles and tools in a satisfactory manner.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Satisfactory Criminal Background check.
- Valid provincial driver’s license coupled with a satisfactory driving abstract is an absolute requirement.
- Full vaccination against Covid-19.
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Graduation from a recognized Electronics Program is considered an asset.
- Relevant industry installation and repair experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including evenings (up to 8pm-ish) and weekends, holidays and emergency situations.
- Ability to travel to other areas of the region when required (not frequent, scheduled prior).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic.
- Team-oriented individual.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Working at heights and with ladders.
- Excellent people skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures and voice and data communications equipment considered an asset.
- Ability to follow established policies & procedures with a strong attention to detail.
- A commitment to continued learning and skills development.
- Preference for ‘hands on’ work.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to consistently meet and achieve outlined metrics.
What can the Kerr Group offer?
- This position is part of our "piece pay" compensation structure once training has been completed. Technicians can earn equivalent up to $28/hr not including bonus. Piece pay offers unlimited earning potential to productive technicians! There is a minimum guaranteed earning of $1600/pay*.
- Paid vacation
- Paid training
- Group RRSP matching
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (50% employer paid)
- Company use vehicle and cell phone.
- All required tools and equipment provided by company.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Frontier Technologies is one of Canada’s largest Telecommunications Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to almost 150 employees located in ten offices across the country. We are proud of our reputation for the highest level of service for our valued customers and the best work environment for our exceptional employees. As we continue to grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and committed to the same standard of excellence that got us where we are today. Kerr Group operating companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business Intelligence.