POSITION SUMMARY: A Retail Host/Hostess portrays
friendliness, excellent customer service, and high standards while assisting
customers as they shop within our venue’s merchandise stores. The Retail Host/Hostess
also greets customers upon arrival, answers questions related to the
merchandise and store policies, and helps locate items. A Retail Host/Hostess is
responsible for processing payments and keeping the sales floor neat and
well-stocked. The goal is to accelerate our business development by providing
customers with a memorable experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF
THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Greet incoming and departing
guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact.
- Suggest items, lend opinions,
and provide merchandise information.
- Be alert and observant on the
sales floor to assist with guest needs.
- Work with complaints or customer
refunds with a positive attitude and professionalism.
- Manage financial transactions
and process payments in the POS system.
- Keep sales floor neat and
- Maintain organization of stock
rooms and accurately track inventory.
- Customer-oriented approach and
- Excellent people skills
- Hands on experience in cashier
duties and money handling
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attention to detail and strong
- Minimum of a High School
Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months in retail
related positions preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of
experience in customer service preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT &
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential job functions.
- Nightclub, bar, and/ or lounge
- Involves constant public
- Fast paced, high volume, high
- Hours may be part-time (less than
30 hours per week)
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours
per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include
days, nights, weekends and holidays