The Church at Avenue South Worship Minister is responsible to the church, under the direction of The Campus & Teaching Pastor to oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Worship Ministry at The Church at Avenue South such as the development and supervision of a comprehensive music program, the planning and leading of worship services with The Campus & Teaching Pastor, and special events within and related to the church. These duties include the direct supervision of any volunteers in this ministry.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· In coordination with the Campus & Teaching Pastor, plan and lead weekly God-honoring worship experiences that are aligned with the Brentwood Baptist philosophy of worship ministry & contextualized to the Avenue South community.
· Maintain a system for developing & mobilizing members to use their talents within the worship ministry.
· Provide pastoral leadership (encourage, pray for, etc.) to musicians & worship volunteers.
· Plan & coordinate weekly rehearsals, including proper management of Planning Center Online.
· Participate in weekly campus staff meetings and Quarterly Staff Meetings.
· Meet weekly with the campus pastor to coordinate worship service planning.
· Participate in bi-monthly Worship Leader Gatherings at the Brentwood Campus.
· Plan, maintain & give leadership to the annual worship ministry budget
· Provide weekly oversight for any worship ministry-related payroll
· Ability to lead and accompany from piano and/or guitar is preferred
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
· Effectively communicate with & work alongside the campus Administrative Assistant.
· Weekly communicate media needs to, and work alongside of, the campus Technical Director.
· Consistently assess and maintain musical equipment for repairs & maintenance.
· As needed, organize meetings & events among musicians for development/fellowship.
· Effectively maintain a personal & professional self-development plan.
· Demonstrate a willingness to attend any churchwide gatherings or strategic serving initiatives.
· Demonstrate a willingness to meet with church members as needed.
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
· Directs both resources and people (paid or unpaid) towards the accomplishment of goals
· Maximizes personal effectiveness by focusing on “must-dos” tasks and delegating other priorities to others
· Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
· Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
· Develops both vision and strategy that focuses team energy towards results
· Maintains a working environment characterized by high levels of encouragement and trust
· Drives team towards greater innovation and collaboration
· Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for them
· Clearly conveys expectations and priorities to staff and/or volunteers
· Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
· Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
· Regularly shares information with and solicits feedback from staff/volunteers
· Demonstrates Christ-likeness and a commitment to personal spiritual growth
· Leads staff and/or volunteers by serving and not by asserting control
· Utilizes emotional intelligence, is emotionally available to those he/she leads
· Invests in the development of staff or volunteers around him/her
· Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
· Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the necessary KASH (knowledge, attitude, skills and habits) necessary to be successful in this role
· Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
· The gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities is appropriate and allows for future growth
· Proven ability to identify, train, lead, and care for leaders & volunteers
· Proven ability to read, write & execute music on charts
· Ability to proficiently play an instrument is preferred
· Must have a basic working knowledge of sound & lighting systems
· A personal sense of calling from God to vocational Christian ministry in general and to this area of ministry.
· Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy, and methodology of Brentwood Baptist Church.
· A mature Christian who is demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer.
· Ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
· Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Cross-cultural experience and/ or bilingual skills are a plus.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a focus on Worship, Music, Music Education/Vocal/General/Performance, or other related area from an accredited university.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in successful worship leadership/choral leadership roles, including the experience of providing primary leadership over the worship and music ministry.
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled