Join Our Team as a Recreation Coordinator!
Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 7 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 50 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
Please be advised, in light of COVID-19 and the safety practices and protocols our organization upholds to maintain the health and safety of our Residents and Staff, Jarlette Health Services prohibits Team Members from working with more than one employer
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. The Recreation Coordinator shall provide a comprehensive recreation program for the benefit of each resident on a continuing basis. The Recreation Coordinator is required to plan, direct and coordinate the necessary activities for the recreation program within the lodge to meet resident’s psychological, physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
Ideal Candidate Traits & Qualifications
Successful completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree in recreation or related field is preferred
· Ability to understand, accept and relate to people regardless of the physical, psychological or emotional state
· Ability to supervise and work cooperatively with others
· Ability to organize and lead large and small groups
· Ability to learn, demonstrate and utilize a variety of resources
· Must be computer literate
· Current CPR and First Aide
· Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education and participates in mandatory in-services
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License and is required obtain classification “F” license where applicable
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.