This is a full-time position that performs a range of administrative and marketing support duties, with a concentration in the community – both internally and externally. The ideal candidate should have expert interpersonal and communication skills and be highly organized, attentive to details, and able to work on multiple projects at once.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Responsible for planning event aspects, such as venue, guest list, catering, etc.
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down
- Communicating with the marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event
- Assist with the collection of information for/the development of press releases and blogs
- Aid personnel in printing, laminating and mailing marketing materials
- Photograph events and community contributions as needed
- Maintain inventory for/manage the delivery of staff spirit shirts
- Any other duties and/or activities as may be assigned by the Marketing Supervisor
- The job will require occasional out-of-town travel throughout FGB's footprint (up to 25%)
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
· Bachelor’s degree in the field of marketing, business management, finance, communications, or related work experience.
· Demonstrate ability to receive projects, organize tasks and complete timely.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent team-building skills.
· Have a modest understanding of compliance marketing within the banking environment
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled