EMERGICON LLC Terrell, TX
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, maintaining the general ledger, completing the month-end close process, payroll processing, reconciliations, and assisting the VP of Finance with special projects.
The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the VP of Finance. This position works collaboratively with management and other Emergicon personnel in all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Facilitate and complete client monthly close process
- Support all day-to-day accounting functions
- Submission and coordination of payroll, and related payroll functions
- Reconciliation of all accounts
- Maintains general ledger accounts
- Monitor receivables due to the company
- Enter bills and process weekly checks to vendors
- Verifies credit card charges weekly and monthly
- Maintaining client accounts and assisting with monthly financial closing processes
- Prepare journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Ensure documentation of accounting processes in the Accounting Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree, or higher, in accounting or related field
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in accounting
- QuickBooks Online experience highly preferred
- Healthcare Experience preferred, but not required
- Time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, self-motivated
- Professional, dependable, trustworthy with a cooperative attitude
- Excellent communication skills including listening, speaking, teaching, and presenting
Work is performed on a computer and requires long periods of sitting/standing at workstation.
Emergicon requires pre-employment background checks and drug screening.
EMERGICON LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled