Who We Are
Founded in 1971, Clifton Steel Company (the Company) is a nationally recognized leader in the manufacturing of military armor plate and commercial specialty steel products. Clifton has served the armor plate market for over thirty years and is the premier industry supplier of many of its commercial products. The Company is a specialist in abrasion and impact resistant steel fabrication, particularly for quenched and tempered alloy and manganese steel. As a result of investments in production capabilities, access to critical materials and strong customer relationships, Clifton has established a defensible and sustainable market position. We are currently hiring for the position of Stock Handler for both first and second shift.
- This position requires a person to be physically able to stand for long periods of time, to perform repetitive motions, which includes cleaning of wood and debris from floor.
- This position requires a person to be able to read inspection tools - Tape measure, micrometers, hardness tester, calipers, and read customer specifications, work orders, inspections sheets
- This position requires a person to have the ability to operate lift trucks and overhead cranes including inspection of equipment, slings, and completion of proper records. Proper stacking methods must be adhered to.
- This position requires operator to be able to operate equipment efficiently and maintain a level of acceptable part quality per internal & customer part specifications. Completion of Traceability accuracy a must.
- Job requires the ability to follow Work Orders and Pick lists to ensure proper packing and shipping of Customer's Material. Preparation of proper paper work and shipping documents required.
- This position requires the ability to perform basic dimensional inspections, reading of work orders.
- Requires locating, identifying and packing ( banding, boxing, palletizing, etc.) of outbound materials to ensure it is delivered to customers and subcontractors to scheduled dates.
- Ability to generate bar codes and properly affix to material, including identifying the location of materials in computer.
- Assist Material Handlers or Furnace Personnel unloading trucks as required.
- Ability to scan work orders, load production into hand held computers and production system.
- Employee must participate and become actively engaged in the Company Traction & L10 Process
Clifton Steel Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled