Photon Control is a leading manufacturer of fiber optic temperature and position sensors for the semiconductor and other high-tech industries. The Senior Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering engineering projects on time, within budget and to project specifications. This key role will work closely with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality assurance, and customers to ensure products and new features are developed, tested, and released on time. This is a contract position, with a duration of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension.
- Manage and deliver project portfolio with budgeted annual spend of approximately $1M
- Management of scope, timeline, resources, and budget to meet project objectives
- Work at a high pace and deliver to deadlines
- Work across the organization with a cross-functional project team to deliver technical projects
- Provide Engineering, Sales and Customer Service with regular progress status updates
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy.
- Organize and lead project milestone review meetings
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Minimum of 8 years of project management experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- Proven experience in managing multi-discipline engineering projects from idea to successful production
- Experience with MS Projects is required
- Proven experience in planning and scheduling of multiple projects
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of the product development lifecycle including concept, development, prototype, launch and manufacture
- Demonstrated strong project management, decision making, negotiating, conflict resolution, and change management skills
- Experience with schedule, budget, cost, and risk management tracking tools
- Experience using metrics to update project plans and program status such as key performance indicators clearly and concisely
- PMP, CAMP, PMI-ACP and Scrum Master certification considered an asset
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.