Restaurant Manager- Full Time Year Round
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant and bar.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees.
- Oversees the inventory and ordering of food and supplies.
- Optimizes profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
- Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Ensures that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintains a professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Upholds all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Manages shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
- Investigates and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Oversees the training of new employees.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
- Prepares schedules and ensuring that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Reports to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
A restaurant and commercial kitchen environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required. This position operates in an outdoor and indoor setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds. This position may require employee to work outside in all inclement conditions.
Physical Environmental Demands
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time.
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time.
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years' experience in a leadership or management role in food & beverage.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
- ServSafe certified.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.