High School Science Teacher *2023-2024 School Year*
ALLEGRO CHARTER SCHOOL OF MUSIC North Charleston, SC
Allegro Charter School of Music is a public charter school sponsored by the Charleston County School District located at 4542 Simms Street in North Charleston. We will serve students in grades 6-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
The school's mission is to produce inspired thinkers and creative members of society through the infusion of music into an academically challenging environment. The mission and vision of Allegro are aligned with the purpose of the SC Charter School Act to "create new, innovative, and more flexible ways of educating children within the public school system, with the goal of closing the achievement gaps between low-performing student groups and high performing student groups."
Allegro offers a diverse educational community for all those who live in Charleston County, South Carolina.
Allegro seeks creative-minded individuals willing to work in a team setting to ensure a successful education environment for students. The ideal candidate would be adaptive, flexible, energetic, positive, resilient, and hard-working.
At Allegro, seldom will two days look the same, and it is not uncommon for your duties to see minor changes at times. As a result, we are always seeking candidates that can pitch in and go the extra mile. Your daily teaching experiences will involve differentiating to meet the needs of the variety of learning levels present in your classes. Allegro is a 1:1 school, and experience with classroom technology and a willingness to innovate is crucial. A love of music is paramount, as it pervades every aspect of our curriculum. Strong classroom management skills and the ability to establish clear routines are necessary to ensure our school maintains a high-quality educational environment.
We are a small school that spends time with one another in and out of the building, so friendly, outgoing people who enjoy collaborating tend to thrive in our school culture.
While classroom experience is not required, it is strongly preferred.
About the Role:
Allegro Charter School of Music is seeking a High School Science Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
What you'll be doing:
1. Teaching students
2. Building relationships
3. Solving problems
4. Being flexible
5. Being professional
7. Working as part of a team
8. Being organized
9. Following curriculum standards
1. Dual Certified preferred.
2. Valid SC Teaching Certificate or ability to obtain a valid SC Teaching Certificate within three months of employment in the field(s) of assignment and highly qualified in the subject area hired to teach.
3. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.
4. Strong technology skills.
5. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Appreciation of music.
The physical requirements of the job described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop or kneel, and crouch. In addition, duties may involve risk from attending to students' behavioral needs.
Additional physical requirements include the following:
1. Physically capable of frequently lifting or moving up to 40 pounds;
2. Sufficiently mobile to ensure the safety of students;
3. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time;
4. Manual dexterity to use a telephone and data entry;
5. Read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids;
6. Hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; and
7. Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone.
Why you'll want to come work here:
1. Positive work environment
2. Innovation encouraged
3. Small class sizes
4. Music performance opportunities
Allegro Charter School of Music offers a Health Benefits Package through the State of South Carolina Health Plan and a 403(b) through Valic.
This is a 190-day position.
Salary Range: Salary to commensurate with qualifications.
Typical Full-Time Hours: 7:30 AM- 3:30 PM (please note that there are times you will be required to work outside of these hours).
Allegro Charter School of Music generally follows the Charleston County School District Calendar.
ALLEGRO CHARTER SCHOOL OF MUSIC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled