The Gem City Market Cooperative, Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service grocery store will have our grand opening soon. We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is worker and community owned.
Are you passionate about an outstanding customer experience through food presentation, cleanliness and consistency through working a full service deli? We'd love to hear from you. Being your cooking talents to your community owned Gem City Market!
Reporting to the Culinary Manager, The Prep Cook will:
- Learn and follow the food service program using techniques include but not limited to are: baking, pastry, sauté, deep fry, batch cooking techniques, roasting, braising and our cook to order. You will be providing joyously consistent food to our community, so the ability to learn adjust and serve in the work place is required
- Maintain an excellent culinary service program that will provide a diverse array of delicious and health-conscious offerings, while delivering high quality products and services in a cooperative environment through a keen example to all employees modeling team work through cooperation and orderliness in a kitchen environment
- the willingness to learn advanced cooking techniques, skills and proficient use of all kitchen equipment to create meals that are flavorful, presentable and of high quality, while providing a high level experience to our customers
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a restaurant, food service, catering, deli or similar environment preferred
- A love and passion for fresh food and high quality ingredients to cook from scratch
- Experience serving the public preferred
- Highly Organized with an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Great benefits including health, dental and vision will be offered to full time employees. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled