Do you like making genuine connection with people? Want to show off your skills within a strong kitchen staff? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit society
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, you will be a valuable member of our kitchen team, helping with various tasks listed below.
1. Preparing meal ingredients for the Cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients.
2. Assisting kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks.
3. Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards.
4. Neatly putting away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
5. Packing take-out orders as needed.
6. Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
7. Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
8. Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
9. Sanitize inside / outside of Cambro carts when they are back after meal service delivery.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic: High School diploma or prior kitchen experience would be an asset.
- English: fluent and able to effectively communicate professionally, orally and written, in English.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check Review
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Exceptional Customer service skills – able to satisfy and exceed resident and staff expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment in the kitchen and restaurant
- Negative Tuberculosis Screening Certificate
Casual on-call, as needed. Employees submit availability monthly and must be available to work at least three shifts per month.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume via our job board or on this site.
We look forward to your application!
Phoenix Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants to apply and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.