Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates low and mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
About the Associate Service Technician Role:
The Associate Service Technician is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and curb appeal of the community in line with the established standards including the grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots, and other common areas of the community. The Associate Service Technician may also assist in the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in by new residents and in completing resident requests for service under the supervision of the Lead Service Technician (indirectly) and Community Manager (directly). He or she is responsible for complying with the company’s and community’s operating and safety policies and procedures. Additionally, he or she is responsible for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Quarterly Bonus Incentive Payments
- Educational Reimbursement
- With satisfactory performance, will pay for your EPA certification
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 16 hours Learning Time Off
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if live on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, and employer HSA contributions
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
Education and Experience:
- Some familiarity with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs, pool maintenance and all facets of apartment make-ready (will train)
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as move through the community and maneuver around equipment, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants and property staff
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds
- Ability to work regularly in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
- Ability to safely operate small hand tools and mechanical equipment
- A team player with a positive attitude is a must.
- Willingness to deliver excellent customer service as an important part of the community team, providing a high-quality living environment
Job Type: Full-time
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled