Are you committed to an ecologically sustainable future? Biohabitats is seeking a Junior Water Resources Engineer to join our Chesapeake Bioregion team (located in Baltimore, MD). Applicants must not only be hardworking, motivated, and technically skilled, but also passionate about the environment and sincerely interested in integrating ecology and design. Work will consist of public, private, and institutional projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Projects, which will vary in type and scale, may include stream and wetland restoration, stormwater management assessment and design, and watershed assessment.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to learn more.
- Supporting stream, wetland, and shoreline restoration design projects
- Supporting stormwater management design and retrofit projects
- Creating site-specific concept designs through construction documents
- Preparing specifications and cost estimates
- Conducting natural resources and watershed inventories and assessments
- Support for other technical project tasks
- Unwavering environmental ethic
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project experience related to stream, wetland, and/or stormwater management practice design
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling methods, techniques, and analyses
- Ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling programs (e.g., TR-55/TR-20, HEC-RAS, SWMM, HydroCAD)
- Experience with MicroStation and ArcGIS/ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro
- Geomorphic assessment knowledge/experience (e.g., cross-sections, longitudinal profiles, pebble counts, etc.)
B.S. or M.S. in relevant engineering field (e.g., Civil, Environmental, Ecological, Biosystems)
Years of Experience
2+ years engineering experience
$58,000-$68,000 per year
Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate or ability to obtain
To Apply: Provide 1) cover letter, 2) resume in .PDFs not to exceed 5MB. Applications without these components will not be considered.
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp™, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying. Biohabitats is an equal opportunity employer.
Biohabitats is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled