Snider Hockey is a nationally acclaimed non-profit that uses the sport of hockey to educate and empower under-resourced youth of Philadelphia to prosper in the game of life. Evidence-based outcomes are young citizens who:
- Achieve academic success as they matriculate from Crayons through College;
- Consistently make healthy and thoughtful life choices;
- Serve as positive role models to the next generation of Snider Hockey student-athletes;
- Realize gainful and rewarding employment; and
- Give back to their community.
Snider Hockey relies on the involvement and support of volunteers across the Delaware Valley. Volunteer opportunities are available at our six city rinks and the Flyers Skate Zone in Pennsauken, NJ. Volunteers assist our Site Coordinators with many tasks including but not limited to: executing practice plans, working one-on-one with Learn to Play student-athletes, assisting with academic tutoring, homework help, and life skills activities, and serving as a mentor and role model to Snider Hockey students.
Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to the following :
- Volunteers assist Academic Assistants at the rinks with tutoring and homework help.
- Volunteers can help with a range of subjects from writing, reading, math, history, science, etc.
- Volunteers read with elementary school-aged students during our Reading Buddies programs at the Laura Sims Skate House and Simons Recreation Center.
*For the safety of our students, all prospective volunteers will be subject to a background check and are required to submit clearances.*
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled