Bellman – Avista
Myrtle Beach Seaside Resorts believes that our employees are the strength, vendors are the standard, homeowners are the prospect, and customers are the focus. We are committed to maintaining a safe and secure, working environment, which promotes communication, participation, and involvement. Empowered and proactive staff create memorable experiences for our guest that exceed expectations.
Job Description - Bellman are responsible for assisting guests during their stay. Bellman should have a positive attitude, be patient, and aim to help others. Having good people skills, a penchant for socializing and being organized are required. Bellman work closely with the front desk staff, management and other hotel departments to provide guest assistance with luggage and miscellaneous needs. Often the first and last person a guest sees while staying at the hotel is the Bellman, so a friendly welcoming smile is a must.
Job Responsibilities -
· Assist guest with check-in and check-out procedures
· Greet quest in a friendly manner
· Provide assistance with luggage
· Assist with deliveries of items to guest rooms
· Communicate guest requests with the appropriate department in a clear and timely manner
· Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems/safety hazards.
· Previous hospitality experience preferred but not required
· Having awareness of local attractions and restaurants and being able to make recommendations for the guests is a plus
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential, additional languages can be helpful
· Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
· Available to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
· Must have a Valid Driver’s License
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits -
· Medical insurance
· Vision, Dental, Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
· Paid Vacation
· Bereavement leave