Waste Collection and Recycling Collection Truck Driver (we will train)
If this interests you, please apply.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Local runs, home every night
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Boot Allowance
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Be part of an organization that wans to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
- Safe collection of residential waste and recycle blue boxes.
- Daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Observe safe work practices.
- Delivery of waste and recycling to the waste and recycle processing facilities,
- Effective communication with the Route Supervisor and customers; and,
- Providing a professional collection service and promoting a positive company image.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class G Ontario license for at least one year and have a clean drivers abstract
- Have the ability to obtain the MTO medical test and successfully pass the MTO written driver’s test
- Must have proof to support having Grade 11 education or higher
- Can lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to remain committed to the position and the training and understand and acknowledge the retention agreement to stay for the agreed to time frame min. 3 years.
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs; and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
Are you ready to jumpstart your
career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the
environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who
apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position