Public Area Attendant - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for full-time Public Area Attendants. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
These are permanent and seasonal positions from July 2021-September 2021, paying between $16.00-$18.00 per hour.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
- Maintaining a neatly groomed appearance (uniform clean and name tag on)
- Must be able to perform any and all heavy cleaning duties
- Areas of responsibility: check in/lobby area, lobby restrooms as well as all banquet/meeting spaces; entrance of the hotel, lobby terrace, fitness center/pool, parking garage, front entrance, parking lot (outside garbage containers) and washrooms, elevators and lobby areas on all floors, restaurant: lounge and dining room
- Cleaning the staff room and all offices in the hotel
- Basic maintenance repairs (plumbing, TV troubleshooting, using hand tools for repair)
- Ability to multi-task, will be required to drop a cleaning task to assist guests first
- Answer and assist with all guest requests in a timely manner as required, always offering further assistance to the guest
- Assist with any housekeeping tasks outside of the regular duties as required
- May be required to clean guest rooms
- Take online training as required by Marriott
- Being knowledgeable of our facilities and services with the ability to promote and direct guests to those areas
- Assisting other departments when necessary and resolving challenges that may occur
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management team
- Comply with all standard operating procedures and policies of Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to handle repetitious movement such as pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to work well independently, as well as in a team atmosphere
- Must have exceptional time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to work nights, overnights, holidays, weekdays and weekends
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.