VP of Engineering
Ackroo is an innovative SaaS-based technology Company that is consolidating, simplifying and improving the loyalty marketing, payments and point of sale industry. We provide innovative marketing, financial and operational solutions to help Automotive, Hospitality, Petroleum, and Retail merchants of all sizes attract, retain, and grow their customers and their revenues with greater ease, speed and insights. Founded in 2012, our organization continues to experience phenomenal growth and thrives on an entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and top-tier talent. Join the 'Kroo!
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 3 Weeks Vacation + 6 flexible/sick days
- Enriching Culture
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Training and Development
We are seeking an innovative VP of Engineering for a permanent full-time position at our Hamilton office. Reporting to the CEO, you will confidently lead each engineering leader and their teams to build innovative products, ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget, strategically develop and execute plans to ensure new developments are well thought out, free of errors, and help drive the business forward from a technology standpoint.
- Manage the prioritization of business initiatives to maximize development investment in alignment with key business drivers.
- Build deep expertise in product capabilities across the team and promote internal knowledge sharing through presentations and documentation.
- Manage engineering team leads to drive product development that aligns with company and product goals.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the engineering team members.
- Conduct cost analyses for development projects; prepare and delegate preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensure that projects are completed within budget and in an economical manner.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders across functions to understand their needs and synthesize.
- Scale the overall product development and go-to-market processes and capabilities.
- Stay current on competitive capabilities and technology system best practices and bring those insights to inform team and product leaders.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Recruit, train, and develop a high performing team across multiple products.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings and actively participate in leadership activities and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product by executing plans based on the provided scope, requirements, and budgets for Ackroo’s marketing, payments, and point-of-sale products.
- Provide tier 2 support, DevOps, and IT support when necessary.
- Support cross-functional efforts on the continuous and varying scaling needs of the product that arise from growth in the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related area or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in engineering management and development
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- 5+ years in a SaaS company
- Experience scaling up a SaaS company with oversight on engineering groups
- Experience working with agile project management
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP)
- English (mandatory)
- Bilingual French/English (preferred but not required)
- Base - $140,000
- Performance bonus paid quarterly (10-20%)
- Immediate health and dental benefits
- Stock Options
Ackroo is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, immigration status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics to apply. If you need accommodations during the recruitment process, please advise our Talent Acquisition team.
We thank all candidates for submitting their applications, but due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting candidates who are selected to move forward in the next step of the recruitment process.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position