- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in hotel engineering or dispatch preferred
- Post offer, pre-employment criminal background check, and drug test required.
To be an essential part of facilities management by receiving and coordinating work orders from both guests and other departments. Courteously accepting incoming calls regarding complaints, concerns, or questions about facilities maintenance and courteously handling work orders dispatched to workers in the paint, construction, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Regular attendance
· The ability to lead and work as part of a team
· Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
· Be committed to provide guest satisfaction through effective quality guest service techniques.
· Show proficient use of our computer programs and dispatch tools; courteously dispatch and follow up as per standard operating procedures.
· Use proper telephone etiquette at all times as per policy.
· Handle multiple phone calls, obtain accurate information, and ensure attention to detail for every call.
· Be thoroughly familiar with all Sea Mist Resort buildings, room numbers, and amenities as well as their locations.
· Prioritize guest calls and personal requests following up to completion.
· Complete all office tasks as directed by the Facilities Engineer and Office Manager.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods. They must also use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk or climb stairs.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The dispatcher must sit or stand for extended periods of time and be able to see, hear, and think quickly.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sea Mist Oceanfront is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled