Coffee is hiring a full-time production roaster to join our team! We are
looking for a hard-working individual who is passionate about coffee and
dedicated to providing expertly-roasted batches. The production roaster will be responsible for roasting
coffee to Merit's high-quality standards.
As we continue to expand, we are always looking for great team-players to welcome aboard!
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and practices
- Set and develop profiles for new coffees and revise profiles to adapt to each coffee's performance over time to maintain quality targets
- Receive and store green coffee deliveries
- Load and roast coffees to order each day, ensuring that every batch meets company profile targets and quality standards
- Accurately log data for each roast within Cropster and ColorTrak systems.
- Conduct sample roasting to evaluate potential new offerings
- Cupping for quality control
- Prepare production schedule and ensure that roasting schedule runs efficiently, accurately, and on-time
- Manage green coffee inventory
- Assist with production, coffee packaging, and shipping as needed
- Actively continue to learn and develop expertise through ongoing training
- Maintain facility and equipment upkeep by troubleshooting, cleaning, and performing preventative maintenance
- Move and process inventory using a pallet jack, coffee blender, heat sealer, etc.
- Fully participate in maintaining clean & organized work spaces, including lab and restroom
- Strong leadership skills
- Passion for all things coffee
- High-level understanding of the development of new roast profiles
- Q Grader Certification is preferred
- Experience with Cropster roasting preferred
- Ability to budget time and organize workload
- Flexible to evolving demands and adaptive to change
- Good communication and organizational skills
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be comfortable frequently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling heavy objects up to 50lbs as well as lifting/assisting to lift green coffee bags of up to 150lbs
- Employee discounts for retail, whole beans, and beverages at our cafes
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with employer match (eligible after 1 year)
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position