join The Inn at Ocean’s Edge housekeeping team. With your help we will continue
to provide the absolute best of services for travelers from all around the
world, while they enjoy their vacation on the shores of Penobscot Bay. We are
seeking team members who love to be organized, have an eye for small details,
and are self-motivated. The
only thing better than overlooking the gorgeous ocean, surrounded by luxurious
gardens and scenery, is the people you’ll be working with! You will be a big part of a very small and
fun team while learning about the hospitality industry.
Location: The Inn At Ocean's Edge, Lincolnville, ME
Hours: Full-time and part-time available, 15 - 40 hours per week
Compensation: $14 - $15 an hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: Early May
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties. Housing is available.
Experience: None required.
Members of our Housekeeping Team work together to guarantee our guests clean spaces which will exceed their expectations. Working alone or with a partner, each Housekeeper is responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, hallways, activity areas, and public spaces on the property. Major responsibilities include servicing accommodations according to property procedures, stocking housekeeping carts, replacing bed linens and supplying guest room amenities. This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work without constant direct supervision.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
- Using provided supplies, clean and maintain guest rooms and public spaces. This includes, but is not limited to making beds, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, supplying amenities, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, washing windows, replacing light bulbs, folding linens, as well as removing dirty linens, towels, garbage and recycling, all with attention to detail and to the standards set by property management.
- Must work with a variety of cleaning chemicals, following appropriate directions and in accordance with OSHA and State of Maine regulations.
- Must be able to push cleaning cart with supplies and equipment on both inside and outside surfaces. Work with colleagues to keep storage areas cleaned and supplied.
- Greet guests warmly and politely, using discretion to avoid disturbing guests in rooms or public spaces. Understand how everything operates in guest rooms (climate control, fireplaces, fans, lighting, etc) and be able to explain operation to our guests.
- Responsible for security of any room or supply closet keys, as well as for respecting the personal property and privacy of guests while working in guest rooms.
- Be prepared to answer basic questions about the property, activities, etc., or know where to refer guests for answers.
- Work with other members of the Housekeeping Team to ensure that guest’s need are continually met. Make front desk staff aware of any special needs so that notes can be made for future visits.
- Handle and communicate guest requests, special needs, guest room or public space maintenance issues and guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Label and submit all lost and found items according to property procedures.
- Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and how to handle unsanitary linens, bodily fluids, etc. Be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, labels on chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Active listening and observation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with deadlines, and stressful situations during busy periods.