Crescent Homes is seeking an experienced Drafter/CAD operator to join our growing team in Charleston, SC. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly organized and experienced in residential drafting and design. This position will assist in creating and maintaining architectural house plans, floor plans, elevations and options for multiple divisions. The position provides drafting support through the use of computer-aided design systems (AutoCad LT & SoftPlan) to produce construction documents for single-family homes incorporating methods of construction that maximize efficient use of building materials and simplified assemblies resulting in cost effective construction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review detailed drawings of architectural construction documents utilizing knowledge of building materials, architectural and engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings
- Apply company design guidelines and standards with respect to architecture, structure, mechanical and other building systems
- Produce custom changes for lot specific drawing sets for single-family homes from existing master drawing to comply with buyer request, selected options, and community specifications.
- Provide additional relevant architectural documentation required for permit applications and construction starts.
- Provide assistance in the development of new master drawing database construction documents.
- Review construction in the field for compliance with construction documents, note any differences encountered, confer with others regarding revisions, and make revisions to documents or provide additional clarifying information as may be required.
- Make revisions to existing construction drawings to comply with required code changes, specifications, structural requirements and design enhancements.
- Consult with the sales and construction teams for custom plan clarifications and field required revisions.
- Convert existing plan Softplan format to AutoCAD LT
- Coordinate the creation of engineering plan sets with outside consultants
- Prepare and document weekly work schedule – individual and consultants
- Participate in prototype walks and field reviews of homes
- Review marketing collateral for accuracy and completeness versus architectural plans
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- The ideal applicant should have completed an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in drafting, architecture or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, have a minimum of three to five years of full-time similar employment experience or a minimum related work experience of seven to eight years. Residential drafting experience preferred, high volume production home building a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read CAD drawings, Architectural blueprints, and engineering drawings
- Proficient using AutoCad (required), MS Excel and Bluebeam (preferred)
- Proficient in the production and coordination of residential construction documents
- Understanding of building construction methods and techniques
- Knowledge of applicable codes
- Highly organized, detail oriented and possess the flexibility to adjust to a regularly changing workload volume.
- Driven to get results, work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects/tasks through to completion
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships internally and externally.
- Handle stressful situations with a level head and low emotional level
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to organize and implement several concurrent projects and exercise sound judgment in prioritizing.
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive problem solver
- Works efficiently and accurately in time allotted to solve problems in a prompt manner with the ability to analyze and put together a plan of action
Crescent Homes SC LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled