JOB TITLE: Production Associate
REPORTS TO: Logistics & Production Manager
Liberty Ministries exists to serve offenders in prison and ex-offenders in the community by showing God’s love, providing practical assistance, and supporting Biblical standards of justice.
A Production Associate processes all incoming clothing donations and categorizes them into types of clothing, seasons and holidays as well as sorts out all other items that are not clothing. The Production Associates are the ones dictating what is being saved to sell in out of the retail stores for our customers and needs to have a keen eye on what can be sold. Production Associates need to use creativity in deciding what is in the season as well as what is saved for another season. Production Associates use discretion on style, quality, condition and brand names. This is a labor-intensive position with a lot moving, lifting, bending and carrying 30-50 pounds.
- Know and follow the organization of stored clothing systems.
- Know and follow the procedure for clothing rotation systems.
- Know and understand how items need to appear for the customers; meaning knows how to hang and display clothing properly on correct hangers.
- Sort through every donation container according to the Liberty Thrift standards
- Categorize clothing according to the season, children, adult men, adult women, holiday, etc.
- Identify imperfections that prevent the items from being salable and recycle accordingly.
- Other roles may include hanging clothing and producing seasonal items when the time is right. This is a volume-driven position that requires speed, focus, and a goal-oriented mindset.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, push, pull, and lift to 30-50 pounds and stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including reading, writing, and counting.
- Must be able to operate store equipment efficiently (price guns, tagger guns, etc.)
- Must take direction well yet be able to work independently while remaining motivated and productive.
- Be neat in appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
- Must be in good physical and mental health with emotional maturity and stability along with a sense of humor.
- Must be supportive of working for a Christian Ministry, accepting the Mission Statements of Liberty Thrift and Liberty Ministries.
- Distinguish current styles, quality, condition and brands of clothing found in the marketplace.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be willing and able to function in as many capacities as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
Distinguish current styles and brand names of clothing found in the marketplace.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled