ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS OFFERING A $500 SIGN ON BONUS
The Bartender / Server will be a key component of the visitor’s experience at the Tap Room and upon certification will receive the title of Beer Guide. Beer Guides will lead tours of the brewery and tastings of Abita beer, pour beers in the Tap Room, work the retail area, operate the high speed growler filling station, work the floor and greet guests at the door. Beer Guides are the Brand Ambassadors of a leading craft beer brand, and standards of job performance and professionalism are set accordingly. Beer Guides’ people skills, inherent enthusiasm and the ability to make each visitor feel special is an essential factor in day to day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve our guests exceeding expectations while practicing safe service of alcohol.
- Pouring beers, changing kegs, cleaning glassware, maintaining draft systems, etc.
- Providing informative tours and tastings at the Abita Brewing Company.
- Knowledge of all beers and products.
- Sell tour tickets, answer phones and provide answers or directions to the various guest questions.
- Merchandise/beer stocking and maintenance.
- Selling merchandise and beer at the Tap Room’s retail center.
- Greeting visitors to the brewery, checking IDs, and maintaining accurate counts of guests in the building.
- Opportunities to work additional hours at periodic Abita promotional and off-site events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to perform all functions of the Tap Room.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
- Use of proper PPE is required and provided.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Service Industry experience is a plus, not required.
- Basic knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess good oral and written communication skills for dealing with diverse guests.
- Must possess a valid state or federal ID.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.