Child Watch Attendant, multiple locations
The Child Watch Attendant supervises children in the YMCA member nursery. This position is responsible for providing safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their children in accordance with the YMCA Mission and policies of the association. Maintain visual and auditory supervision at all times. He/She must be responsible for the safety and well being of each child under their supervision and maintain a creative and playful atmosphere for all participants. They plan and supervise the activities of children and perform general housekeeping tasks and maintain a clean and safe area.
Child Watch Attendants are required to know and follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures. He/She must attend staff meetings and training programs, as required.
- Child Watch Attendants are required to be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Have a positive attitude and follows directions.
- Relates to children, members and other staff in a positive manner.
- Ability to plan and initiate age-appropriate games and activities.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to adjust from sitting to standing with ease.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30 lbs.
- They must be able to receive and maintain CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications.
- Six months or more previous experience with children preferred.