Join Our Team As Director of Care!
Temporary Full Time
Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 7 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 50 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities.
Ideal Candidate Traits
- Must possess a current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.O. Reg. 79/10, s. 46
- Successful completion of or enrollment in Long Term Care Senior Management Course or equivalent
- Must possess a minimum of one year experience working as Registered Nurse in the long term care sector
- Must possess 3 years experience working in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- Must meet OLTCA qualifications
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must be computer literate
- Prior experience in adult education
- Communicates with all nursing employees on a regular basis both formally through monthly meetings and on an informal ongoing basis
- Coordinates CQI, risk management, occupational health and safety, infection control activities
- Develops, evaluates and communicates goals and objectives, policies and procedures to the nursing staff through mechanisms such as staff meetings, in-services, manuals, memos, nursing orientation and committees
- Participates in decision making at the senior management level
- Provides the administrator with reliable, pertinent information about nursing services
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.