Workmen's Circle Multicare Center is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing Services to join our team of professionals.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Assistant Director of Nursing Services will manage nursing services in the absence of the DNS.
- Supervise the nursing supervisor staff and inform them of new policies and procedures
- Responsible for resident accident/incident reporting and resident abuse investigations.
- Assist in the recruitment, retention and training of nurses
- Ensure that the legal procedures, nursing practices and work standards are met as per facility policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent resident/patient care information to assure residents/patients rights are protected
- Inspects Nursing Service areas and monitors practices for compliance with current applicable regulations, on a regular basis.
- Makes daily rounds in the nursing units, making certain that resident care are appropriately provided.
- Monitors and reviews the documentation on new admission making certain that their needs is met (i.e. physician was notified, orders were obtained, medications were available, etc.)
- Monitors nursing employee’s adherence to facility policies related to wound care, meal service, safeguarding of controlled medications, provision of resident care, etc.
- Minimum BSN
- Current NY RN license in good standing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to plan organize and implement policies and procedures
- Must have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a nursing supervisor level in a health care facility- hospital or nursing facility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to plan, organize and implement policies and procedures
- Must have minimum 2-3 years’ experience as in a health care facility- hospital or nursing facility.
What we offer:
Our facilities offer its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are a company you can be proud of, where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous PTO package
- Health/Dental Benefits
- 401k plan
- Facility picnics
- Ice cream truck day
- Employee of the month
We have a complete set of short-term, sub-acute, and long-term rehabilitation and nursing services available, and work with people from all walks of life who represent an extensive scope of conditions and challenges.
We are an EOE