Providence Engineering and Environmental Group are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is a full-time position located in Baton Rouge, LA.
We are searching for someone to perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative assistance to office personnel, such as organizing and directing office services, word processing, answering/routing phone calls, and other clerical services as directed by management. These tasks include, but does not limit to general word processing, document creation, editing, formatting, production, copying, billing, and bookkeeping.
What would you do:
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals by working with Project managers to determine required information, gather required information, assist with maintaining current project information for inclusion in proposals, and by preparing final proposals for delivery.
What do you need:
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offer help when needed. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Team Player – Enjoy participating and being part of a “Team”
Education and/or Experience
High School Graduate or G.E.D/ Specialized Training combined with 3+ years experience with office operations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and a minimum typing speed of 65 wpm.
Providence, formed in 2000, is a multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consulting firm with offices in Louisiana and Texas. Our work has taken us across the United States and beyond in support of our governmental and industrial clients’ goals and challenges. We have a remote workforce from across seven states.
Our company name, by definition, means “making provisions for the future” — and this long-term, future-focused approach guides our work on every client project. Our engineers, scientists, and staff collaborate to develop innovative, cost-effective solutions for clients across diverse industries. Our passion for performance is evident in the work we produce every day.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Providence, including hiring, are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, parental status, veteran or disability status or any other protected status. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to work environments free of discrimination and harassment.
Providence Engineering and Environmental Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled