The Label Operator performs all tasks involved in
ensuring the labels are adhered to the product according to established company
standards. This position will follow
standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as
efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Responsible for receiving the correct labels and
crowns from the warehouse in accordance with the daily production schedule
- Responsible for following the SOP to ensure the
proper glue application and placement of the label on the bottles
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and
conformity of products to standards and separate any rejected beer according to
- Follow all company safety policies and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Perform various sanitation and clean up duties
in and around the Labeler and pasteurizer discharge
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machinery during
operation when malfunctions occur
- Responsible for completing operator reports used
for tracking production
- Rotate through different job tasks including
hand packing and rework when necessary
- Crosstrain with other packaging line positions
to fill in for breaks or vacations when needed
- Responsible for executing all required HACCP
processes and documentation
- Participate in continuous improvement
initiatives in order to increase performance
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts, typical work
week around 45 hours with overtime as needed
Supervision of Others
This position does not require
any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety
policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when
there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer,
including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled