Assistant Swim Coach - YSSC
The Assistant Swim Coach implements the plan set forth by the Head Coach for one or more practice groups within the competitive swimming program that follows the standards set by the YMCA of the USA.
· Must have completed a High School degree or be working towards that degree while employed by the swim team.
· Must be willing to fulfill all swim team responsibilities to the best of the employee’s ability.
· Must be able to take direction and use supervisor’s instruction to continually increase their knowledge and experience in competitive coaching.
· Must accept, demonstrate, and teach the YMCA Character Development Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility throughout their assigned swim team group.
· Provide a safe and supportive environment for all swim team participants.
· Provide support to all swim team staff members and volunteers.
· Communicate effectively with all swim team parents and program participants.
· Assist with Meet Management during hosted swim meets. Including entries, setup, and breakdown as requested.
· Attend all staff meetings and training opportunities as requested.
· Document daily attendance and training plans.
· Provide end of season evaluations with recommendations for possible groups move.
· Work with the Director of Recruiting to grow their specific practice groups along with the swim team as a whole.
Coaches Safety Training
USA Swimming Coaches Credentials (required within 60 days of hire)
YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming (required within 120 days of hire)
TIMES AND DATES REQUIRED:
· Monday-Saturday during their assigned group’s practice time
· At all required swim meets
· Flexibility and additional hours may be needed throughout the week