E-INFOSOL LLC is seeking a highly motivated Data Center Hardware Technician to be a Full-time employee in Clarksburg, WV. Come join a team that collaborates across the entire organization to bring the right solution to our customers and drive innovation.
The Data Center Hardware Technician will be responsible for the installation of various types of Information Technology (IT) hardware devices and cabling in a data center environment. This position requires an intermediate knowledge of data center hardware and systems to include the ability to interpret the manufacturerâ€™s guides for installation into data center racks, the understanding of space, power, and cooling requirements, as well as mounting hardware specifications.
- Evaluate Data Center infrastructure requirements (rack space, network, power, cabling, etc.) and coordinate necessary resources to prepare space for the installation of equipment.
- Coordinate necessary facilities resources such as electric and cooling for specialized equipment such as high voltage storage area networks and large servers requiring redundant power.
- Provision the cabling, floor cut outs, rack rails and mounting hardware for the installation of IT devices and systems such as servers, switches, routers, power cables, fiber and copper cables, power distribution units, and keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) components.
- Perform end to end installation of patch cables both fiber and copper as well as management cabling and cross connect cabling.
- Perform troubleshooting assistance such as rebooting, visual check of system indicator lights, and perform the replacement of suspected failed installation components (fiber, cables, connectors, iDRAC, power distribution units) in conjunction with the systems engineers to enable the system to return to an operational state.
- Follow labeling standards and collect, track, and update all configuration changes and inventory information in an Excel spreadsheet, SharePoint, or data center information system.
- Adhere to all data center safety rules and policy as well as installation standards.
- Shall perform other duties as required such as un-crating and unboxing large numbers of system and pallets of gear and subsequent removal of refuse to keep data center clear of all walkway hazards.
- Proficiency in ability to generate interpret wiring and cabling diagrams in Visio and CADD.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Monitors data center IT and environmental systems for failures and coordinates with vendors or repair technicians for repairs or replacements.
- Develop, manage, sustain, and use a tracking database and scanning gun for hardware inventory control, including IT and system equipment, warranty status, and maintenance agreement applications.
- Manage (i.e., stock, store, issue), control, document, sustain, and maintain expendable and non-expendable parts and tools and cable inventories of FBI and vendor equipment.
- Perform IT and system hardware maintenance and IT or system equipment replacement services in response to requested maintenance.
- Keep Data Center infrastructure and IT equipment in operating condition consistent with OEM requirements, performing corrective, adaptive, and preventative maintenance tasks as needed and/or scheduled.â€¯
- Possess the ability to perform copper and fiber communications cable installations and terminations as well as utilize test equipment to certify the terminations are to manufacturer standards.
- Provide timely problem resolution.
- Continually transition knowledge to the Government staff through training and assistance on how to use technology using industryâ€™s best practices.
- Author step by step solutions for Tiers 1 and Tiers 2 for frequently asked questions and problem resolution references.
- 3+ years of data center hardware and cable installation experience
- Knowledge of National Standards as pertaining to Data Center IT infrastructure including Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI), Telecommunications Industry Association TIA-606 and TIA-942 (BICSI) Installer 2 for both Copper (INSTC) and Fiber (INSTF) as well as Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ certification required.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor structure.
- Be able to lift to 50 pounds for short periods of time.
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (Sawzall, drill, crimping tools, etc.) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screw drivers, and power tools.
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the position.
- Wear safety gear (e.g., safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing tasks.
NOTE: The Contractor shall provide any worn necessary Occupational Safety and
Hazard (OSHA) compliant safety equipment (e.g., safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing
protection) for their personnel.
- Associate degree or vocational degree in Information Technology Systems
- Must be US Citizen with an Active Top Secret w/SCI Eligibility
E-INFOSOL is a Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a premiere IT Security, Cloud and Virtualization provider servicing both federal and state government, and private sector customers. Through strategic partnerships with top industry players such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix, we can provide an array of IT products and solutions, combining them with our expertise.
E-INFOSOL has 10 years in the digital world, expanding with new clientele and jobs rapidly. E-INFOSOL is constantly aware of technical changes within IT and wants to ensure future candidates can make a difference with contributing their different skills and knowledge. We offer an array of architectural, engineering, and information technological jobs to a diverse group of candidates. Come join the E-INFOSOL family and be a part of the vast growing culture that contributes to the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policyâ€¯
E-INFOSOL LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment andâ€¯prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. â€¯
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.